BiF-4 Insights – Richard Saul Wurman – Author and founder of TED Conference
Currently working on a project called 19.20.21
- Founding principle is that it is currently impossible to compare city data or city maps across cities
This may seem crazy that you can’t, but it was actually 99 years after the publishing of the Bible by Gutenberg before pagination was invented.
Storytelling must set context:
- You must start from the point of view of understanding that people don’t understand
Lack of information and understanding as a driver of social behavior
- Reality is that a lot of people go into nursing homes because of incontinence
- A lot of people aren’t good care receivers
- Through the eyes of the patient
- Through the eyes of the caregiver
- Looking through both eyes as a way for understanding
Title of his new book is “The Gap”
Tango = Curiosity + Ignorance
-> Nobody knows how ignorant they are like I do
Check out his fable from 1975/76 timeframe – sounds very interesting
Public information should be public
- Available, understandable
“Department of waiting to be wanted”
For more information on the talk, go here.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Photo by Jenny Ueberberg on Unsplash In the last few years, electric vehicles (EVs) have become more and more…Read More