Top 10 Paul Saffo Insights – World Innovation Forum
Taking a slightly different approach than other World Innovation Forum bloggers, I’ve distilled my time with Paul Saffo down into these Top 10 Insights:
- There are times when the uncertainty is so great that you shouldn’t even forecast at all
- Google becoming richer as people ‘contribute’ search strings – Where else do you think you are consuming but actually contribute?
- 2/3 of Roomba owners give them a name – 1/3 take them with them to friend’s house or on vacation
- Innovative ideas often take about twenty years to succeed – If you find something that has been failing for almost 20 years, pay special attention
- LucasFilm Habitat failed 20 yrs ago, others followed in failure, then Second Life took off
Finally, I’d like to end with a quote from Mark Twain:
“History doesn’t repeat itself, at best it sometimes rhymes”
UPDATED May 24, 2009 – Here are the slides from Paul Saffo’s presentation at the World Innovation Forum:
What do you think?
Braden Kelley (@innovate on Twitter)
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash Working remotely became a part of everyday life for many people all over the…Read More