Top 10 Paul Saffo Insights – World Innovation Forum
Taking a slightly different approach than other World Innovation Forum bloggers, I’ve distilled my time with Paul Saffo down into these Top 10 Insights:
- There are times when the uncertainty is so great that you shouldn’t even forecast at all
- Google becoming richer as people ‘contribute’ search strings – Where else do you think you are consuming but actually contribute?
- 2/3 of Roomba owners give them a name – 1/3 take them with them to friend’s house or on vacation
- Innovative ideas often take about twenty years to succeed – If you find something that has been failing for almost 20 years, pay special attention
- LucasFilm Habitat failed 20 yrs ago, others followed in failure, then Second Life took off
Finally, I’d like to end with a quote from Mark Twain:
“History doesn’t repeat itself, at best it sometimes rhymes”
UPDATED May 24, 2009 – Here are the slides from Paul Saffo’s presentation at the World Innovation Forum:
What do you think?
Braden Kelley (@innovate on Twitter)
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Imagine you are implementing a transformation program in your organization. You have it all spelt out with the fashionable jargon…Read More