Top 10 Vijay Govindarajan Insights – World Innovation Forum
Taking a slightly different approach than other World Innovation Forum bloggers, I’ve distilled 90 minutes with Vijay Govindarajan down into these Top 10 Insights:
- Most companies spend too much time on Box 1 thinking and not enough on Box 2&3 thinking
- Box 1 is about closing the performance gap and restructuring
- Box 2&3 are about Closing the Opportunity Gap (projects for 2020) and Renewal
- Horizon 1 – Core Business
- Horizon 2 – Adjacent Space
Horizon 3 – Entirely New Space
Finally, I’d like to leave you with a link to a Vijay Govindarajan webinar (Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators) where you can listen to a lot of the content and follow along with many of the slides.
Updated May 24, 2009 – Here are the slides from Vijay Govindarajan’s presentation at the World Innovation Forum:
What do you think?
Braden Kelley (@innovate on Twitter)
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
A month ago I had the opportunity to sit down with Mauro Porcini, SVP & Chief Design Officer at PepsiCo,…Read More
Do you know what matters most to your customers? If you aren’t living and breathing the problems your customers face…Read More