incentive2innovate – Healthcare Industry Applications
The first panel on the second day at the incentive2innovate conference at the United Nations was on applying incentive prizes and open collaboration in the healthcare industry. The panel was moderated by Peter H. Diamandis, M.D., Chairman & CEO, X PRIZE Foundation:
Eric Eisenstadt, Ph.D., Deputy Vice President for Research, J. Craig Venter Institute
Lisa Latts, M.D., Vice President, Clinical Excellence, WellPoint, Inc.
Yury Rozenman, Head of Strategy and Marketing, Healthcare & Life Sciences, BT Global Services
Dean Kamen, President, DEKA Research & Development Corporation
Rather than trying to recount the discussion, I thought I would present the Top Insights from the part of the panel and the breakout session outcomes that I was able to catch:
- Interesting idea for healthcare – Connecting people to earn health points that would allow people and communities to compete on health.
- Creating collaborative competition – Group 6 would like to encourage health insurers to compete for a prize for wellness improvements.
- Group 7 would like to create a smart, immersive environment that people can use to educate themselves and to connect with other people facing the same procedure (pre-operation).
- Group 10 focused on how you change people’s behavior and changing the whole system around desired outcomes to support behavior change.
- Persistence, compliance, and adherence are key in healthcare.
What do you think?
Braden Kelley (@innovate on Twitter)
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash Working remotely became a part of everyday life for many people all over the…Read More