Do One Thing
Kevin Roberts will be speaking at the World Business Forum in New York City, October 6-7, 2009. Here is our latest hand-picked article:
by Kevin Roberts
For change to take real effect, it needs to be personalized. Saatchi & Saatchi S, our sustainability agency, is working with companies to implement nano-practices in the workplace to reduce carbon use.
We call this DIY contagion DOT, Do One Thing. Each person is encouraged to choose one thing to pursue regularity. It can be anything from cycling to work or doing laundry with cold water. It’s just one thing, a start not a complete change of life. One person’s DOT may stand alone, but connect a billion DOTs together and you’ll see a movement of change happening.
Employees throughout our own network have shared their DOTs. Here are ten, from Sao Paolo to Singapore:
- My DOT is to take public transportation to and from airports whenever possible.
- I use the same bottle for water each day every day.
- I am going to stop smoking.
- I no longer use plastic shopping bags.
- My family will no longer buy water in plastic bottles.
- I turn off the tap while brushing my teeth.
- I buy ecologic food and supplies, when possible.
- I will not eat meat at least once a week.
- I will drink coffee from a reusable mug whenever possible.
- To find my bike in the cellar – yes, and to use it!
What’s my DOT? Make one less flight per month. What’s yours? It doesn’t matter what it is, so long as you Do One Thing.
It’s not too late to catch Kevin Roberts at the World Business Forum in New York City, October 6-7, 2009.
Kevin Roberts is the CEO worldwide of The Lovemarks Company, Saatchi & Saatchi. For more information on Kevin, please go to www.saatchikevin.com. To see this blog at its original source, please go to www.krconnect.blogspot.com.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash Working remotely became a part of everyday life for many people all over the…Read More