The Right Way to do Social Media
by Braden Kelley
Unfortunately, more often than not I see examples of social media strategy gone wrong. So, it stands out when I see a company like Lufthansa doing social media the right way – at least with their MySkyStatus site. Let’s look briefly at why this is a good execution of a social media strategy:
- Easy to use
- Gives the customer something of value with minimal effort
- The value is something that people naturally want to share
- Works just as well with the competition’s product as with their own
- Gives customer a visual idea of what they are going to get before they invest any time or effort
- Brand impression is minimal, and no fear of mentioning the competition
- It gives the user a choice of how much information they want to disclose
Now if we can convince the airlines that charging people for extra bags and other pointless fees are a bad idea (like Delta Airlines charging me $50 for the “privilege” of standing by for an earlier flight with open seats), then the world will be a better place.
What other examples of well-executed social media campaigns would people like to share?
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Photo by Himiway Bikes on Unsplash We are all well aware of the benefits cycling can have, both on our…Read More
Photo by Mars on Unsplash Times are changing for young people after they leave school. Once, no one went to…Read More