150,000 Good Ideas
by Kevin Roberts
Ideas are the currency of the future and can come from anywhere, and Google probably knows this more than anyone right now! To help celebrate their 10th birthday, Google invited people to submit their ideas to help make the world a better place for everyone with their special “Project 10 to the 100th.”
150,000 ideas were sent in from people living in 172 countries, speaking 25 different languages. There were eight different categories that ideas: community, energy, environment through to health, education, shelter and opportunity, and not to forget the ‘everything else’ basket. The same people who submitted ideas were then invited to vote on the best ones that should receive the $10 million that Google are going to invest and which should be announced soon.
You can see the full range of ideas here. Some of the finalist ideas were:
- Support efforts to increase young Africans’ access to quality education by creating “cyber schools”
- Create a fund to support social entrepreneurship by providing targeted capital and business training to help young entrepreneurs build viable businesses and sustained community change
- Create an advanced health monitoring system
- Encourage positive media depictions of engineers and scientists
- Create a transportation system that enables electric cars to run on a rail-type system
Coordinate a rapid-response tool for natural disasters; introduce an ecological VAT instead of income tax
When so many ideas struggle just to see the light of day, it’s wonderful how the project has given people the opportunity to spread their ideas. The project has just finished voting and winners should be announced shortly, when the ideas go to work they will surely help transform the way people live.
Image source: https://www.project10tothe100.com/ideas.html
Kevin Roberts is the CEO worldwide of The Lovemarks Company, Saatchi & Saatchi. For more information on Kevin, please go to www.saatchikevin.com. To see this blog at its original source, please go to www.krconnect.blogspot.com.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
The digital nomad lifestyle has grown dramatically in recent years. The number of digital nomads has increased by 42%…Read More
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More