Future of Shopper Marketing
by Kevin Roberts
The Sam Walton Business School at the University of Arkansas is on our calendar every October because of the superb annual conference run by the Center for Retailing Excellence. Andy Murray, Global CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi X, was a founder of the conference, and this year a keynote speaker. His subject was “the future of shopper marketing” – which should apply to anyone and everyone who wants to sell something to a customer.
The presentation featured five key points (and a whole bunch of arresting stories, insights, and examples):
- Put yourself at the heart of the customer (most companies try it the other way around)
- Navigate the experience of your customer from the “shelf back”
- Create ways for customers to participate and be involved in your brands and store experiences
- Explore the fringe/edge/margin for new ideas (Wal-Mart was a fringe idea, it came from Bentonville, not Chicago)
- Find new ways for manufacturers and retailers to collaborate authentically based on trust, transparency and shared goals
This is a special presentation and will be viewed in five years time as a definitive statement about the world’s biggest activity: shopping.
Kevin Roberts is the CEO worldwide of The Lovemarks Company, Saatchi & Saatchi. For more information on Kevin, please go to www.saatchikevin.com. To see this blog at its original source, please go to www.krconnect.blogspot.com.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Cultivating food from the air we breathe: How decades-old NASA technology is still delivering disruptive tech today
The “Replicator” machine seen on the “Star Trek: The Next Generation” television series was imagined as a 24th century technology…Read More
The first book in the world made on blockchain, the first ‘decentralized’ discussion on leadership, completely shared and co-created with…Read More