Barriers to Innovation Workshop
This week I will be leading Workshop B on identifying and removing barriers to innovation on December 2, 2009 at the Open Innovation Summit in Orlando, Florida at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal.
Adding a front line perspective to the workshop will be:
- Greg Fox (Cisco Systems) – Chief Marketing Officer, Strategic Alliances, WW Operations & Business Development
- Helene F. Rutledge (GSK Consumer Healthcare) – Director of Open Innovations
- Hutch Carpenter (Spigit) – Vice President of Product
The workshop will be a discussion with participants about identifying the barriers to innovation that can cripple the innovation capabilities that make organizations successful. This interactive workshop will also examine how to make immediate changes in your organization to start removing participants’ particular barriers to innovation and accelerate their organizations’ innovation capabilities.
Highlights will include:
- An examination of how successful organizations go from nimble David to sluggish Goliath
- An introduction of a framework for identifying barriers to innovation
- Group Exercise – How to identify the barriers to innovation within your organization
- An analysis of how others have removed barriers to innovation in their own organizations
- Group Exercise – How to remove barriers to innovation in your organization
There is still time to register for the Open Innovation Summit and my Workshop B for $1000 off with code YPY692 online or by phone at 781-939-2500.
After the workshop I will be covering the rest of the Open Innovation Summit on Twitter as @innovate at the hashtag #OIS09, and will be writing up some blog entries after the event for Blogging Innovation.
Braden Kelley is the editor of Blogging Innovation and founder of Business Strategy Innovation, a consultancy focusing on innovation and marketing strategy. Braden is also @innovate on Twitter.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Three top tips for young adults working from home
Photo by Mateus Campos Felipe on Unsplash In the past couple of years, working from home has become the new…Read More
Changing Relationship Between Electric Vehicles and Power Grid
Recently Ford announced an electric truck for the masses, the Ford F-150 Lightning, with up to 300 miles of range…Read More
Leave a Comment