Key Questions for Companies Struggling with Innovation
What questions would you ask to a company that is struggling with innovation?
The questions should serve two purposes; you need to get a better understanding of the state of the innovation capabilities at the company and you need to challenge the existing mindset of their employees.
You can see my take below on four different areas. It would be great to hear what you think of them and what questions you would ask.
CULTURE AND INNOVATION
- What are the key elements of a strong innovation culture? Work this into three clearly articulated goals for innovation at your company.
- How are executives/managers at your company a hindrance for innovation? Give three examples
- What should be the key roles for executives, managers and employees on innovation?
INNOVATION AND THE COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Why are your competitors better at innovation? Focus on their strengths, not your weaknesses
- What are the biggest obstacles for your company to work with external partners? Give three examples
- Which benefits could your company get out of open innovation? Give three examples
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
- What are the shortcomings of your employees when it comes to innovation? Give three examples
- What programs can be established to improve innovation skills at your company?
CORPORATE STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
- You are the new CEO at your company. What three actions would you take on innovation on day one?
- What can be done to ensure better alignment, interaction between the different business functions? Give three examples
- What can be done to make innovation an integrated part of the overall corporate strategy?
Let me know what you think.
Stefan Lindegaard is a speaker, network facilitator and strategic advisor who focus on the topics of open innovation, intrapreneurship and how to identify and develop the people who drive innovation.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash Working remotely became a part of everyday life for many people all over the…Read More