TEFMIBO – Technological Foresight Model for the Identification of Business Opportunities
The last year I presented TEFMIBO in Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology – PICMET 2012. This research shows a methodology for technology foresight in order to achieve better implementation and to overcome its problems. With Technological Foresight Model for the Identification of Business Opportunities, I intend to provide a tool to support managers and entrepreneurs to improve the decision making process that address the future of their business.
- Trends Analysis: A research activity that allows to know exactly what the trends are presented in the areas that want to develop or innovate.
- Change Drivers Identification: Research and analyze everything that is changing or is about to change. It allows knowing the factors that influence in the evolution of the activities of business development. They can be early warnings, emerging topics and break points.
- Delphi Method: It is a systematic process of expert surveys that seeks to highlight convergence of views and reduce the dispersion in the answers. It takes place in several rounds.
- Diagnostic of study area: The objective is to know the current status of the study area, company or business with the application of dynamic diagnostic methods: tree of skills, method of structural analysis (MICMAC) and the method of actors’ analysis (MACTOR).
- Scenarios generation: By determining single and combined probabilities of occurrence of interaction of a set of events or hypotheses, scenarios can be developed.
- Defining business opportunities portfolio: The objective is to formalize a list of projects of technology businesses, it is recommended by cross functional team or staff.
- Decision making: Is the prioritization of projects or opportunities that may be enforceable by organization, and allow launching a new product, service or improving a process, which constitute a new business opportunity by using ANP (Analytic Network Process).
- Technology Roadmap – TRM: Applied technology mapping (TRM – Technology Roadmap) to mark the way that allow to achieve the business opportunity more reliable and profitable and especially that allows to make an action plan.
Wait! Before you go.
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Geovanny Romero, is certified NPDP Plant Manager at Renovallanta-ContiLifeCycle, and Managing Director at NPD Strategy in Andean Region. A Member of PDMA International, his main interests are focused in Productivity, New Product Development and Lean In
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Recently Ford announced an electric truck for the masses, the Ford F-150 Lightning, with up to 300 miles of range…Read More
CEOs come and CEOs go. Some – like Steve Jobs at Apple, Jeff Bezos at Amazon, and Richard Branson at…Read More