Call for Stories: How Innovators Overcome Resistance
Here’s an update on our Innovation Cities Tour – we have over 40 Innovation Storytellers confirmed to date – and we’re looking for more.
We invite you to share an innovation story with us, and the world.
It can be your own story of overcoming resistance, or about your company or how you helped a client do that to bring something new into the world. Or, share a story about your favorite innovator who you believe deserves to be known!
Thanks to partners at HYPE Innovation, submitting your three minute story – in any form (text, slides, video, audio) – is easy. Just visit our storytelling site at https://bit.ly/inno-cities-tour and upload your story.
Who: What company, client, or innovator was involved?
Why: What was the objective that led to the innovation?
What: What was the innovation?
How: How did the innovation come about? How was inevitable resistance overcome.
Where: Which city hosted the innovation or the innovation resource?
When: When did it happen, and how long did it take?
We are Looking for:
- Stories that use authentic language, not marketing copy
- Stories that inspire and teach
- Stories that come from diverse disciplines
Here’s How it will Work:
1. Enter your organization’s information or recommend another innovation resource using HYPE Innovation’s idea management platform – HYPE GO! You have the option of including video, images, and/or PowerPoint slides to help illustrate your story.
2. All stories will be considered for inclusion in the Innovation Cities Tour.
Innovation Excellence will have the right to use all submitted stories as featured stories on the Cities Tour or as innovation stories, in whole or in part, published on our website.
3. Innovation Excellence will choose the featured stories that will be showcased at each stop on the Cities Tour. If we choose to feature your story on the Cities Tour, we will invite you to join us at the event and share your story with the other attendees.
4. Once the story has been created, we’ll share it through our events and through Innovation Excellence, and encourage you to do the same.
Please Submit Your Story Today!
We are now accepting submissions for innovation stories. You may submit stories for any city at any time, but certain deadlines apply if you would like your story to be considered for a showcase on the Cities Tour.
First round submissions are currently under review.
To be considered in our first round review, please submit your entry by April 20th.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
“Our Goal is to help demonstrate innovation through stories that will become Spreadable Media.”
We’re taking these stories – in the form of live events and a collection of digital media, on the Road: 100 + Innovation (Teaching) Stories. Innovation Excellence and the Disruptor Foundation will curate and crowd-source ‘real stories of real innovators’ caught in the act of changing the world, industry-by-industry, city-by-city.
Hosted by the Disruptor Foundation, Hype Innovation and Innovation Excellence (IX), the goal is to spread innovation through live exchange and teachable, digital profiles. “The stories, including stories of the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Award Winners, will be made available to anyone who wants them and can use them to inform and inspire their own work.
“Our aim is to use stories to create positive disruptions of consequence, to show and model what’s possible, and to inspire people to act.” said Craig Hatkoff, co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival and chief curator of the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation
Made possible by Tour Dates
NEW YORK – April 21, Material ConneXion
BOSTON – May 12, IBM Innovation Center
SAN FRANCISCO, June 17, Autodesk
image credit: vintage woman image from bigstock
Wait! Before you go.
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Julie Anixter is the executive editor and co-founder of Innovation Excellence. She also serves as the Executive in Residence for the Disruptor Foundation. The co-author of three books, she’s working on a fourth on courage and innovation. She worked with Tom Peters for five years on bringing big ideas to big audiences. Now she works with the US Military, Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing and other high test innovation cultures that make a difference.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Photo by Himiway Bikes on Unsplash We are all well aware of the benefits cycling can have, both on our…Read More
Photo by Mars on Unsplash Times are changing for young people after they leave school. Once, no one went to…Read More