Each day, more and more things get connected, creating an event bigger and bigger smart world creating more and more data that makes us more and more vulnerable to cyberattacks and intrusions.
Apple has unveiled the Watch Series 4 at its annual event at the Apple Park in San Francisco. The new Apple watch – cleared by the Food and Drug Administration of the USA – will allow users to take an Electrocardiogram or ECG. Apple’s Jeff Williams said that the the Watch can detect irregular heartbeat, low heart rate.
What’s more, men, materials and machines are colliding with AI, analytics, cloud computing, fog computing,blockchain and mobile technologies increasing the levels of compexity as the cyber nervous system evolves.
The IoT World Forum Reference Model describes the layers in IoT system
There are four primary areas of IoT impact:
- Enhanced business insights
- Operational efficiencies
- New revenue streams
- Improved processes
The consequence is that the internet of medical things (IoMT) creates big challenges and opportunities to cut costs, improve outcomes and the doctor and patient experience. Here are some themes emerging:
1.Collisions of men, machines and materials impacting business models
4. AI and machine learning integration
5. Creating and protecting the appropriate networking infrastructure
6. Using the IoMT to solve immediate problems v informing future products and service development
8. International business competitive issues
9. The migration of product companies into XaaS companies
10. The changing role of CIOs and CSIOs
11. Navigating the data development roadmap
12. Using the IoMT to transform sick care to healthcare by moving from reporting to prescribing to predicting to preventing
13. Deciding which data need to go to the cloud or can remain closer to the ground, in the fog
15. How to change dumb assets in to smart assets by converting data to value
16. How to dismantle data silos and minimize adverse outcomes to other stakeholders
18. How do we create a standard interoperable platform for the IoMT?
20. When does remote sensing move from being constructive to being creepy?
23. Navigating from thinking big to starting small to scaling fast with a minimal cost of failure
24. Learning from industries outside of sick care, since sick care can’t be fixed from inside
25. Changing the reimbursement, intellectual property and regulatory environment of the IoMT. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is working to strengthen the cybersecurity of medical devices in the wake of computer-hacking threats.
All of this may seem a bit overwhelming because it is. However, those who are fighting the 4th industrial revolution to win won’t wait for you to catch your breath. They are too busy measuring it via an e-meter dose inhaler, capturing your data, and adjusting your insurance rates based on the probability of how your asthma is responding to the last bronchodilator you just puffed.
Wait! Before you go…
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
The digital nomad lifestyle has grown dramatically in recent years. The number of digital nomads has increased by 42%…Read More
When sustainability is on the agenda, you’re likely to hear many terms mentioned that you may or may not be…Read More