Don’t Make These Fundraising Mistakes
Raising money is hard, whether it be for a for profit or not for profit. You will need a plan and the right people to do it. For most entrepreneurs, it is a full time consideration.
If you plan to raise money, here are some mistakes to avoid:
- Not having a capital raising plan
- Not learning how to tell your story or finding someone who can
- Focusing on features and not benefits
- A product or service that is not ready for investor prime time
- A product or service that is not ready for health system prime time
- Wrong people on your team
- You suffer from Founder’s Syndrome
- You suffer from Craniorectal Inversion Syndrome
- You make too many rookie mindset mistakes
- You don’t have a VAST business model that is evidence based
- You have not mastered the fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- You haven’t navigated the bumps in the road
- Not paying attention to new trends in financing ventures
- You are Linkedout and have limited networks
- Your website is all about you. I’ll bet you think this blog is about you, don’t you.
Raising money, like all business, is about developing relationships with the right people at the right time. Re-read How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Better yet, I know you won’t take my advice since that will take more time than watching a 3 minute You Tube video, so here is a summary. OK. Here’s the You Tube video too.
Wait! Before you go…
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
I still remember the day we got the email telling us that the in-person version of the 2021 Consumer…Read More