We Need a Cyber Czar to Run CARPA
Doctors and their patients are joining forces in a pitched battle. There are six technologies that are colliding in sick care. They represent the front lines of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Which side wins will have significant impact on the future of medicine and society.
The 4th Industrial Revolution is a mental model created by the leaders of the Joint Economic Forum and describes how physical, digital and biologic technologies have collided and the resulting challenges and opportunities that presents. Strategies to win the revolution are designed to create guardrails around the potential collateral damage. But minimizing that damage will take state of the art weapons:
- Rules and regulations for 4th industrial revolution technologies that balance the public health with innovation
- Educational systems that create a diverse talent pipeline with the knowledge, skills and abilities to win the war
- Rethinking STEM education
- Stress the arts and soft skills education as part of public education with the necessary funding to support it
- Create cost effectiveness screens for digital health products and services
- Enforce tougher cybersecurity protections
- Reform digital health reimbursement and payment rules
- Turn sick care into health care by paying for health
- Lead the revolution innovators, don’t manage innovation
- Rethink federally funding university and federal research lab technology transfer
The American Medical Informatics Association is urging the Trump administration to leverage an existing industry strategy on artificial intelligence research and development, rather than beginning from scratch.
DARPA is a government agency responsible for developing and deploying weapons for warfighters of the future. We need CARPA- The Cyberhealth Advanced Research Projects Agency- to man the war room and do the same for doctors and their patients and an “czar” to run it.
Wait! Before you go…
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
NEVER MISS ANOTHER NEWSLETTER!
Leo Tilman and Charles Jacoby write in their book Agility: How to Navigate the Unknown and Seize Opportunity in a…Read More